This is my all time favorite picture of our family pets. Ilsa is now 14 and even although Bogie has passed on and my youngest child never had the opportunity to meet him, all three of our kiddos include the two dogs when drawing family portraits. They are part of our history, part of our family.
For many people, pets are an integral member of the family; however, when disaster strikes pets are often left out of the emergency preparedness plan. September is National Preparedness Month and I’m joining The Clorox Company and Consumer Queen, along with several other bloggers, to spread the word about emergency preparedness.
Do you have an Emergency plan for your pets?
As you design your plan, here are a few steps to keep in mind to make sure your beloved pets are taken care of:
- Create a pet survival kit along with your emergency preparedness kit. Include:
*Cat litter/pans (if applicable)
*Medications (if applicable)
- Keep your pet’s identification tags up to date and securely fastened to their collar. In case you are separated, finder will know exactly whom to contact
- Make sure to choose an alternate location within your emergency preparedness plan that allows pets. Keep in mind that many emergency shelters are unable to accept pets due to public health reasons
- If you’re ever concerned about including your pet in your emergency preparedness plan and need advice, contact your local animal shelter or animal control office.
For more information please visit www.clorox.com/redcross and download the preparedness guide: Prepare Yourself Now for Peace of Mind Later
CONGRATS to $25 Visa Gift Card Winner – commenter #22 “Katie”
ENTER TO WIN $25 Visa Gift Card
I’m giving away another $25 Visa gift card again this week! Wouldn’t it be nice to be $25 closer to a completed preparedness kit?
Bonus Entries (leave one comment for each):
1. Subscribe to Bantering Blonde
2. Follow @banteringblonde on twitter
3. Like Clorox on Facebook and tell them I sent you!
4. Tweet this: Win a $25 Visa GC from @Clorox @banteringblonde http://bit.ly/d1ciou #preparedness
Winner will be chosen by random.org 12pm Thursday September 30th
*As a blog tour participant, I received information and giveaways from The Clorox Company and Consumer Queen at no cost to me. I was compensated for my time by The Clorox Company for participating in this project. All views are my own.